I feel incredibly thankful and humble to have been nominated by Lucy Borthwick for the Liebster Award. I’m still a newbie blogger, and this is the second award I’ve been nominated for – wow!
This award is a wonderful way to connect with and share new blogs, with the rules being:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the eleven questions they ask you
- Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Ask those bloggers eleven new questions
- Let those bloggers know they have been nominated, so they can continue the chain!
So, here we go:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
As I was researching the raw food diet, I came across many blogs with so many interesting tips, hints, and shared experiences that I found really helpful. I thought that maybe I could help someone else by recording my own journey into the world of raw food (which of course has now mutated into raw/paleo/gluten-free/whole food). If any of the ideas or recipes I share help even one other person, it has been worthwhile.
2. Which travel destination would you recommend most?
Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to do much travelling – yet. I am determined that will change, but for now I can highly recommend Fiji as a travel destination. I was fortunate enough to stay in the villages with the people, which is a wholly different experience to what many would have by staying only in a beachfront resort. The people are the friendliest and happiest I have ever known, and more than willing to share what little they have. The beaches and islands are stunningly beautiful too.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
This may sound cliché or a little boring, but I could never imagine living anywhere else other than Australia. I would love to visit many other places in the world, but as the song goes, “I still call Australia home”. It truly is the Lucky Country, with such diverse and stunning landscapes, wide open spaces, ocean, desert, wilderness and rainforest.
4. What’s your favourite cuisine?
Ooh, that’s a tough one. Can I just say European? Italian, Greek, French – I can’t really decide!
5. Which food is your guilty pleasure?
Cheesecake! Although, now that I have discovered how to make whole food raw cheesecake, it’s not so much on the guilty side :). Smooth, creamy, light, and numerous flavour options….mmmm!
6. Where would you most like to travel that you haven’t visited yet?
Well the list could simply go on and on here, as I haven’t been anywhere other than Fiji! New Zealand, Canada, Greece, Italy, England, Scotland, Ireland….
7. What is one tip that you would give aspiring/new bloggers?
Stay engaged: respond to comments and questions, comment on other blogs, like posts, stay abreast of new blogs in your areas of interest.
8. Best piece of advice you have ever received?
Worrying doesn’t achieve anything other than wearing yourself down. I’ve had to learn that the hard way, but I think I have finally mastered the art of letting go!
9. Your favourite thing to do on holidays/travels?
Get to know the people and the culture; see past the tourism hype and learn about the reality of life in that place
10. What’s your dream job?
I am really happy with the job I currently have, which is built around compliance and data analysis (not everyone’s cup of tea!). However, I would love to either be able to spend more time working on my art, and become a professional artist (if I ever become good enough). Or, since delving into food in such a big way recently, the idea has been lurking that I would love to develop my own products that work for people with multiple food sensitivities – such as a cafe, or produce line to sell through our local organic supermarket.
11. What’s the most exciting animal you’ve seen abroad?
Umm… nothing really exciting to share here I’m afraid. As I’ve only been to Fiji, I would have to say dolphins, even though we have them at home too. I have seen elephants, giraffes, tigers and lions at an interstate open range zoo – does that count? 😛
5. Detox Mama
10. Chug Your Greens
I have nominated these blogs as they have posted interesting, insightful, amusing and/or yummy things!
1. What have you most enjoyed so far about blogging?
2. What is your favourite comfort food?
3. Where would you go if you could take a holiday right now?
4. Summer or Winter?
5. What has been your biggest challenge so far as a blogger?
6. What advice would you give to someone considering starting a blog?
7. What is your go-to evening meal recipe?
8. What is the strangest food you have eaten?
9. Is there anything you would never eat?
10. What is your favourite way to unwind?
11. What would be your dream holiday?
I can’t wait to see your answers! 🙂