I’m not a fan of cauliflower. The only way I used to be able to eat it was smothered in cheese sauce. Now, I simply choose not to eat it. My theory? Why eat something you don’t enjoy?
I have now found a recipe that makes cauliflower not just edible, but downright tasty. As a super bonus, it’s extremely healthy! It’s still smothered in sauce, but in a completely healthy one.
Original recipe from The Raw Food Institute of Australia
Cauliflower Salad with Turmeric Dressing
- 1/2 small cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sun dried sultanas
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey or agave
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard (not raw)
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- Generous pinch Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- In a large bowl place cauliflower florets and sultanas
- Put all other ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy
- Pour dressing over cauliflower and sultanas coating well then cover and let ‘marinate’ for 10 minutes (up to 2 hours) remembering to stir once or twice
- This dish can be served warm by placing the salad in a baking dish and sitting in a slightly warm oven while marinating
The dressing was extremely acidic, so I will halve the amount of lemon juice and/or apple cider vinegar next time
Lovely quick and easy meal, and the best-tasting cauliflower I’ve had in a long time!