I have been a little quiet over the last week. This is due in part to a sequence of events that caused life to spin a little out of control; and partly due to me trying not to get sick.
Friday saw me with a snuffly nose, sneezing, coughing, killer headache, and that general feeling of blegh. A cold or flu was doing its utmost to pin me down. I don’t have time to be sick!
However, I brewed up a killer cocktail that caused that bug to hightail it out of here. By Saturday, the worst of the symptoms had greatly subsided, and by Monday, all that remained was a slightly sniffy nose.
The Cold-Killer Juice was roughly based on the Dragon Juice recipe I obtained from Tansy at the workshop I attended last month. As my head was too foggy to track down that recipe, I just threw together some of the key ingredients I could remember, and that I know to have excellent anti-bug properties.
The result was pretty potent, but it truly did help clear my head.
RFD Original Recipe, adapted from Raw Food & Joyful Eating with Tansy
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 lemon, peeled and segmented
- 4 baby carrots
- 1 cucumber
- Chunk of ginger, approx. 1 inch square, peeled
- 1 clove of Russian garlic
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly and strain through nut milk bag
- Juice all ingredients together (ice cubes not required)
This makes 2 servings. Gently sip throughout the day.