These little balls are absolutely delicious, an absolute breeze to make, and are a fantastic grab-on-the-go snack.
I have signed up to the Living Raw Food Made Easy program through the Raw Food Institute of Australia. Each week they send out a video tutorial, and a full day meal plan. I haven’t really been following the plans as they are intended, but have definitely been trying out the various recipes. This is one of my favourites so far. I hope you enjoy too!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup sundried sultanas or chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
- Grind cashews in a blender until it resembles a fine meal
- Add all other ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of the sultanas
- Blitz until everything is combined well and the mixture can be pressed into a ball
- If not sticky or sweet enough, add the extra sultanas and a dash of extra vanilla essence until you have a workable mixture
- Place in a bowl and roll approximately 1 tablespoon of mix into a small ball and then repeat
- These cashew balls can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month
I only used the 1/2 cup of sultanas, and found that the mix worked well.They keep for a month! Yeah right – I challenge you to make them last for a week!