I still do enjoy cooked food. As I am not planning (at this stage anyway), to become a 100% Raw Foodist, that is perfectly legal.
However, one tip that I learned from Tansy at the workshop I attended a few weeks ago, is to pair cooked and raw food within a meal. The raw portion will provide valuable nutrients and aid in digesting the cooked portion.
Therefore, earlier this week, I paired stuffed mushrooms with a Green Smoothie. A fresh green salad to accompany the mushrooms would have done the job just as well.
Although the recipes I usually put up are raw, in keeping with the purpose of this blog, I thought I would post the details of the stuffed mushrooms, just in case you’re interested. I will admit that there was no planning whatsoever in regards to the mushrooms, but they tasted so good that I just have to share!
RFD Original Recipe – Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large flat mushrooms eg Portobello (mine were approx 10cm in diameter)
- Handfull baby spinach
- 1/2 tomato
- 70g feta cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms
- Cut stems finely, dice the tomato, roughly chop the spinach and cut the feta into pieces roughly 1cm x 0.5cm
- Mix above ingredients together in a bowl
- Place mushrooms face down on a baking tray and pile the mixture into the mushroom cup, pressing down slightly to hold it in place
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes, longer if your mushrooms are larger
- Serve with a large green salad or green smoothie!