I’ve admitted before that I have a definite sweet tooth.
One of my particular favourites has always been cheesecake. That silky smooth texture, and the range of flavours….. yum!
Since being told to cut cow’s milk from my diet several years ago, I have made a few attempts at non-dairy cheesecake, none with great success. This recipe however, is divine. I wish I could take credit for it, but it is not mine – I sourced it from the Shine on Raw iPhone app. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cashew nuts (soaked for 4hrs)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (approx 4-5 lemons)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- Pinch of salt
- Mix ingredients in a food processor
- Press into the bottom of a spring form cake tin
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Pour topping on to base
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve
I remembered to soak the cashews!
I used maple syrup in place of the agave
I used vanilla extract in place of the lemon extract
The cheesecake softens fairly quickly after coming out of the freezer, so is smooth and creamy and ready to eat within half an hour. The problem is only eating one piece.