After only 4 hours of sleep last night, I was walking in my sleep this morning.
In desperate need of an energy boost, I came up with this juice recipe, now dubbed the ‘Wake-Me-Up’.
While it may not look too pretty, and my hands, chopping board and benchtop once again looked as though murder had taken place, it tasted quite delicious! And better yet, it worked!
Whilst I am still tired, and looking forward to reacquainting myself with my bed, the fog has lifted, and I have been able to function sufficiently to do what needs to be done. Let me know if it works for you too.
- 2 leaves of curly kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cucumber
- leaves from 2 stems of mint
- 2 apples (core removed)
- 2 lemons (rind & seeds removed)
- chunk of ginger – I used a piece roughly 1cm x 2cm
- 1 small beetroot
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Chop fruit and vegetables into pieces and add to a blender with about half a cup of water. Blend for 1 minute until well broken down.
- Pour into nut milk bag and strain well.
- Squeeze as much juice from the bag as you can (be prepared for pretty pink hands!).
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
Note: I will try adding a couple of ice cubes next time to chill the juice, as I think that will be even more refreshing